Sunday, February 7, 2016

Mochi Turns 1 !

Mochi turns one year old today!  Honestly, we only know about this day as his birthday because it is what is written on his records from the pet shop, but since buying Mochi last year I've committed to never buy from a Hong Kong pet shop again if I can instead rescue a pup from a shelter.  I admittedly did not do my research into the pet shop and puppy mill trade before getting Mochi, and have mixed feelings because of course I love Mochi now that he's a part of our family, but I regret having done my share to prop up a little regulated and often dubious industry.  Anyways, I digress.... our baby pup has turned 1 today!

Today actually went with relatively little fanfare as Harry is out of town visiting his home country the Netherlands and our helper Maria (whom Mochi is very to close to) is also on holiday.  That left me alone with the Moch, so we went over to Elements Mall to have breakfast and a stroll with his best friend Boo.

Yesterday we celebrated Mochi's birthday in advance while both Harry and Maria were there.  Of course I had to try and get him to wear this puppy birthday hat, and of course he was grumpy about anything put on his body as usual:






However he noticeably perked up when food became involved:



(That chocolate birthday cake is just for show, by the way -- we ate it afterwards!  Chocolate is a big no no food for pups but we just had to get a pretty picture!)



Mochi also got a new duck version of his favorite toy (a frog from the same line/brand of toys):



To compensate for Mochi not being able to eat the chocolate cupcake, I pan seared three slices of Norwegian salmon for him in toy poodle portion sizes, of which he literally inhaled two immediately and so I saved the third one for these pictures below:


Overall, Mochi had a very enjoyable day (we think!!)  Thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment